Matthew 5:16

Matthew 5:16

Saturday, September 15, 2012

He Gives Richly All Things to Enjoy.





Greetings,


The last few months have been a blessing financially. I had been
on mandatory OT from May of this year to August and that blessing
has helped me pay down some debts. Thank you, Lord!

 Reminds me of a passage of scripture from 1 Timothy 6:17 which
says,  "Command those who are rich in this present age not to
be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God
who gives us richly all things to enjoy."   (NKJV)

 Now Paul was giving Timothy instructions to the rich not to trust in
riches alone nor to be arrogant but to worship God alone who gives
them richly all things to enjoy.
 Now not all of us are rich but I strongly believe that God gives folks
of lesser status all things to enjoy as well. I believe God's blessings
vary.
 The Lord has also given me richly all things to enjoy as well.  Some
of those examples you may see in my very first post.  The things God
gives us don't always come in the form of money or other material
blessings.  Now I will say that God did bless me financially what with
the overtime I had mentioned earlier, but I used that to pay down debts
rather than on things I wanted. I did use it for things I needed and the
Lord knew my needs. He has even given me the privilege of a hobby
for which I am very thankful.
 Now my greatest pleasures are not secular hobbies but in church duties
and activities.  As greeter I have duties however I don't see greeting as
a duty I see it as a joy.  Having little fun times with the kids of the church
is another. Leading the church pinewood derby I can add in. (I see that
as using my model car interests to serve the Lord.) There's also our
church gatherings as Fellowship Sundays, flock groups, ( a fellowship
gathering at a member's home) and Family, Fun and Friends Night held
every third Friday of the month.  God has given me richly those things
to enjoy.

 Now of personal interests there is my model car hobby, but there is
also using weight machines at the gym and running on the elliptical.
And there this blog as well as writing and illustrating in my other
blog, Newberry.  

I really do believe little is much if God is in it. I gather little but yet
I have no lack.  Thank you, Lord Jesus!

Have a blessed day.

No comments: