Matthew 5:16

Matthew 5:16

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Building a Masterpiece Like God Molds a Masterpiece.







Greetings,

 Just recently like in earlier of this year I completed my first
skill level three scale automobile kit of a 1953 Hudson Hornet.
 A skill level three kit is a more advanced kit and is for the
more experienced hobbyists.  Well, I thought it was high time
I graduated to the next level. But that isn't the only reason for this
topic as you will see.

 I believe I have created something of a masterpiece being this
kit of my topic was an advanced kit.  To one who just bought
one, they can be a little different than your typical model car
kit.  And I had many setbacks with this kit as well.
 You could say I was building a masterpiece with my kit like
God  molds a masterpiece with those who are His.
 Now the setbacks He may have with us is when we sin, but
like the corrections or repairs I made on my model kit, God
does the same with us. If we pray and ask Him to restore us
He will. Sometimes He has to make us much the way I had
to make some things fit right. Both take a bit of persuasion.

I think of the potter and the clay in chapter 18 of the Old
Testament book of Jeremiah in verses 4 thru 6:

"And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the
hand of the potter: so he made another vessel, as seemed
good to the potter to make it.
 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
 'O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?'
said the Lord.  'Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand,
so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.' "

As the model kit was in my hand , so are we in God's hands.

We that are His are His masterpieces. He can take the most
ordinary and undesireable person in the eyes of the world
and mold him into a great masterpiece for His glory.

Isn't that praiseworthy?  It sure is!


Have a blessed day.

No comments: