Matthew 5:16

Matthew 5:16

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Fowls of the Air.






Greetings,

This past week was a battlefield of the mind, what with OT at the
coin vault  and certain other issues.  Though it was rough, the Lord
has seen me through them. But anyway, on with my topic.


 I take great comfort in Matthew chapter six verses 26 to 34 where it
begins with:

"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap,
 nor do they gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much better than them?
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit to his stature?
And why take you thought for clothing?  Consider the lilies of the
field, how they grow; they don't toil, neither do they spin:
And yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not
clothed like these.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which is today
and tomorrow cast into the oven, shall He not clothe you as much,
Oh you of little faith?
Therefore do not worry about what shall you eat drink or being
clothed.
(For all these things the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father
knows that you need these things.
But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and these
things will be added to you.
So do not worry about tomorrow: for tomorrow will take care of its
own things, sufficient today are the evils thereof."  (Matthew 6:26-34)


That is great comfort and assurance especially in these hard economic times.
It was reading and meditating on this chapter of Matthew that made me
feel so blessed to be employed and have a place to live. I may not be living
well according to the world's standards, but if I have food, clothing and a
place to live, I believe wholeheartedly I am living by God's standards. I
also believe he'll allow you to enjoy certain hobbies, provided they don't
take the place of God. He certainly allowed me that privilege with my
model car building of which part of that skill I used in heading our
church's pinewood derby assembly fellowship and serving as "pit row
mechanic" during the main event.  Can one ask for more?  Yes, even
one's hobby can be used for God's glory.  Isn't that a great blessing?

In this world I am a man of modest means, but in the kingdom of God
the Lord sees a valuable treasure.  And that's a big AMEN!!


Have a blessed day.


No comments: