Matthew 5:16

Matthew 5:16

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Servant's Heart




Greetings,


Since our recent transition last year at our church which
brought about some changes, the Lord made me take a look
at my own heart and I realized that there was some things
in me that needed changing, too. Satan knew it as well and
attacked me with almost blunt force trauma. I really set
myself up for that one, I did.

But the Lord also with it sent one of His own messengers in
the form of a fellow church member who I am also friends with
on Facebook, along with the rest of his family, and we talked over
the phone and one day got together for lunch one Saturday.
In listening to the gentleman I began to look at my own heart
and found that I was too focused on me and my failings, as I have
stated in one recent blog post. And I knew then that this was my
turning point. I actually started realizing the idea of a turning point
just after the recent incident and it was laid upon my heart that
everyone there would need me (along with others, too, I might add)
more than ever.
Satan did indeed attack me as I stated earlier, and attacked the church
as a whole as well. Yes, the incident got me down, and sad to say, many
folks left as a result. Change can be quite rough in this case, but it also
means that we are a genuine church and Satan hates that, and much to
everyone's grief, he found an Achilles' heel.

Knowing what took place as a result of recent events I knew I had to
"buck up" for the sake of the remaining folks and also for the folks who
were considering leaving as a result. If I started showing signs of
discouragement and despair, especially with me practically the
face of the church (no bragging intended) that could spread to the
others and more people WOULD leave. It was time to put on the
armor of God and go into battle.

I went about my duty as church greeter with more fervor and
enthusiasm knowing that a smiling, cheerful attitude can be as
contagious as misery and despair. They say misery loves
company and while that may be true, I think cheerfulness loves
company even more. It has worked thus far, praise the Lord!

At the suggestion of my aforementioned friend, I began to sit
with a few of the men who came to church alone when their
wives didn't (or couldn't ) come with them and I revived my
card ministry which was an extension of the greeting ministry.
I also found encouraging another card ministry being ministered
by a young gal which can help boost morale in the congregation.
It's such a blessing to see young kids get involved in ministries
such as these, and in these times too!

I also started to attend service on Wednsdays and aid in projects
around the church and its grounds.

This is only the beginning , but it's the beginning of molding a
servant's heart. Did not Jesus come not to be ministered to,
but to minister?

3 comments:

CSIMIN said...

Dear Servant of Christ Our Lord, Zach, Holy Greetings To You.

While I am searching for Some particular Material,I found you site. Your Writings are Wonderful and Pleasing To God and useful for The Ministries.

I am a Pastor from India.

Can You Pray for Our Ministries for The Salvation of The perishing Millions?

Can I Use Your Writings In Our Daily Ministries?

If it is God's Will and if it is Your Will, Please send me an E.mail so That I can Write you about Our ministries. We Pray for You.

Zach Donaldson said...

Yes you can. Thank you for reading
and please pray for me as I ask for God's wisdom and guidance in
creating newer posts and also for
my storyblog Newberry.
What is your enmail address?

Zach Donaldson

CSIMIN said...

Dear Man of God, Zach, I have been Prayerfully waiting for Your Precious reply to My Emails.

In HIM