Matthew 5:16

Matthew 5:16

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sound the Warning! Jesus is Coming!




  Greetings,


When I was little, I had a phobia about sirens. On police cars, ambulances
and fire trucks they were actually entertaining to listen to as well as watching
these vehicles roar by, especially fire trucks as there was usually two or more
of them with a variety of different siren sounds. Scary to listen to but also
entertaining as well.
 I remember playing with these friction-powered tin toy police cars, ambulances
and fire chief cars which had a whining friction motor that made the characteristic
WHEEEEEEE! when pushed.
I remember getting for what I think was my 5th birthday was this toy bicycle
accessory called the 'VRRROOM!' which was made by Mattel then. It was a
a gadget you fastened on to the handlebar of the bike. It was a large black
plastic piece that was shaped like an air-cooled two-cylinder motorcycle
engine with a large silver grille plate to resemble an air intake grille. The
function of this toy was to create motorcycle engine sounds and siren sounds,
which was done by means of a long, red plastic lever which you pulled
back repeatedly to create the desired sound. A red switch on the back of
this device changed the sound from motor to siren and even to silent.
I frequently kept it in siren mode, despite my phobia with sirens.



Okay, now you are probably thinking, why did I play with toys that
had sirens when at the same time I had a phobia about them.
Okay I should have mentioned one type of siren which I did
genuinely fear and that was the air-raid siren. Those monstrosities
with their monstrous howls that made my skin crawl and hair stand
on end. I would have nightmares about these things as hostile beasts
screaming at me and throwing me around with their sounds.
 The first time I actually heard one wasn't in real life but on TV.  It
was a scene from the old movie War of the Worlds where they
showed the air-raid sirens sounding and that distinctive sound they
made which was not unlike a loud dial tone.  My mother was in the
living room with me watching this movie and stated, "Those are air-raid
sirens."  And it was then I associated the name to that ghostly sound.
 Of course my phobia of air-raid sirens (a term no longer in vogue)
has long departed, though I do heed them if tornadoes are coming.

 Now there is one warning that I believe everyone needs to hear
and this warning isn't sounded off like a siren. The warning here
is the news that Jesus Christ is coming back to take us home with
Him and to warn others to not get left behind.
 We must also warn others of the dangers of hell which is everlasting
punishment for those who do not know Jesus Christ as their personal
Savior.
 The 'siren' in this case is the word of God and to those that spread the
word to those who need to hear it.

 Sound the warning, before it is too late!



Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

CSIMIN said...

Dear Man of God,Zach , Holy Greetings To You in Jesus Our Lord.

Wonderful Writings.

I have been Prayerfully waiting for Your Precious Reply to My E.mail.


In Him