Matthew 5:16

Matthew 5:16

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Results of God's People Working Together.

Greetings,

 A few weeks ago our church had a Work Day one Saturday where
members would get together and do various projects in and around
the church and its grounds.  We did things such as general cleaning,
groundskeeping, and maintenance.  I, along with a few other members
got the assignment of painting the fire escape behind the church annex,
which we use as a fellowship hall and for various other activities.

 While projects can be a daunting task, as is setting up for them, the
love and teamwork of fellow Christians working together more than
makes up for that. I confess that I am not easily motivated in doing
projects nor starting one (you have to start a fire under me) but
times like this are the exception, and that can only come from the
Lord Himself.  Once I got to work with the paintbrush I wouldn't
stop. Haha!

 We also had a picnic out back of the annex while taking a break
and it was a good time of food and fellowship, much like our
Fellowship Sundays.  But the work time was a great time of
fellowship as well.  As you can see from the pic that I posted
below, there is the result of Christians working together to
beautify the Lord's property.  We had gotten good comments
from those who saw it when they drove by.  That, folks is one
way of glorifying and giving testimony to the Lord.  That, my
friends, is a trues labor of love! :)



Have a blessed day.

No comments: