Matthew 5:16

Matthew 5:16

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Small Joys That I Enjoy.





Greetings,


Since becoming a Christian nearly twenty years ago (Has it really been
that long ago?) I started taking joy in small pleasures and really started
appreciating them. I also began enjoying contentment, such as being
content with my job, for example. I take pleasure in the greeting
ministry of my church; Valley Chapel. I take pleasure in making
coffee and putting out snacks for the folks of our congregation for
when they arrive.  I take pleasure in picking up litter around the
church grounds so as to make the church and its surroundings more
representable.
 I even take pleasure in housework after I see the results.
 There is joy even in the mini-vacuuming of my miniature antique car
collection as caring for them is part of the hobby. And while it is obvious
that I enjoy my automobile kits when they are complete, I take joy in the
completion of the sub-assemblies and when I overcome a difficult step in
the building process.
 And there is the one joy which is the first photo on this topic, bringing joy
to the children of the church. While I do nothing extravagant, the children
take pure joy in such activity as is seen in the photo above. It would seem
that they, like me, appreciate the little joys of life.

Some of the little things below which bring me joy. :)


























I believe there is big joys in little things because doing
a great many little things adds up to great joy!




Have a blessed day.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little ones middle name is Joy. Mrs. B

Zach Donaldson said...

Ah, that was why I put that photo in first!